SEO Copywriters are an important part of a marketing team. Not only do they help convert readers into customers, but they are also the source of “organic traffic” from search engines.
Most copywriters are able to see if their copy works or not by running ads, but SEO Copywriters have to write persuasive and engaging content and rank them on search engines.
What Is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting is a type of online writing that is specifically designed to help websites rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This type of writing typically includes keyword-rich content that is designed to target specific search queries. SEO copywriting can also include other optimization strategies, such as optimizing title tags and meta descriptions.
The key difference is that you should know how to use keywords, backlinking, topics to write about, and schemas of content on top of your basic copywriting fundamentals.
How To Become SEO Copywriter?
1. Learn about SEO copywriting and its different aspects.
Before you focus on the “SEO” part, you need to make sure that you can write persuasive content that’s engaging for readers to read. After that, you need to understand what makes websites rank.
Websites rank because of several things:
- NLP: The content that’s natural to read but also has important keywords. ( Called NLP or Natural language processing ).
- Off-Page SEO: How many “quality” backlinks does the domain or content have? The keyword here is quality, you need backlinks from similar sites that have authority.
- On-Page SEO: Is your website easy to read by search engines? Is it mobile optimized? Does it load fast? Is there Internal backlinks?
- Topical SEO: How much coverage of a certain topic does your website/content provide?
- Schema SEO: How easy have you made it to categorize content of your site for a crawl bot scanning your site? There are a lot of plugins and tools that you can use to do this.
2. Get familiar with the different tools and platforms that are used for SEO copywriting.
As an SEO copywriter, you will have to research what keywords are ranking for the topic you are trying to rank for, and what are people searching for.
You can use tools like Semrush, ahrefs, and AskThePublic to help you find keywords to use while writing an article. On top of that, you need to use tools such as Google Search Console and Google Analytics to track your traffic and SEO progress.
How Much Doe SEO Copywriters Make?
The average salary for an SEO Copywriter in the US is $35,840. The median salary is $87,938, and the lowest salary is $15,476.